Monday, June 22, 2015

Mission Experience - 22 June 2015

Dear Mom,

Transfer calls happened the day you talked with Debbie (which she told me about, you are SO SWEET!) and I will be staying in the Ammon West Stake and will be joined by Sister Hunt (who came out at the same time as Sister Kolbo). Sister Parker will be going to Afton and Sister Kolbo will be coming to Ammon. So I will see her at least once a week!

I'm glad dad's talk went well. I was nervous for him. I also talked yesterday about Enduring to the End.

YES! I LOVE THE OLD TESTAMENT SO MUCH!!! It great that you have this chance to study it and learn all that it has to offer. One of the things I love doing in lessons or talks is talking about both the Old Testament and the Book of Mormon. Especially the parts that both talk of Christ.

I know that you can accomplish all of the reading you've been asked to do and that as you do so you will learn things that will help you as a Seminary teacher. Often when we talk with members or recent converts about different aspects of the church I talk about you. Especially when we discuss how the Lord is the one who extends callings and that even if we feel incapable of accomplishing a task if He has asked us to do it then we can.

It truly is amazing how wonderful the Gospel is. This Friday we saw Debbie baptized and Sunday she was confirmed. She had so many people supporting her at both occasions, both members and non-members. As missionaries when the person baptized is changing we do a presentation. For Debbie's baptism we showed to videos, Are We Christian? and He Lives-Testimonies of Jesus Christ. In between the videos we shared our own testimonies of the Gospel and the Atonement of Jesus Christ. In all honesty my favorite part of baptisms is bearing testimony. The reason is because if there is a non member there that may be the only opportunity any missionary has to teach them of the Gospel and there is no better way to do so than by testifying of the Atonement of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Something unique that we did at her baptism is Sister Parker and I performed a special musical number A Child's Prayer. Debbie loves this song and wanted it to be one of the hymns sung, but she also wanted the round effect so she asked us to sing it. I was really nervous to do this because I've had a really bad cough for a few days but Mom, when we sang the Spirit was SO STRONG. Dave (Debbie's step dad who is anti) actually wiped tears away a few times. It was such a powerful experience.

Then Sunday Brother Peterson received the Preisthood and that evening he baptized his daughter Bailey Peterson.

It has been an amazing week. And after I invite someone to be baptized today Sister Parker and I will have invited someone to be baptized for 46 days in a row. I am so grateful to have this opportunity to serve the Lord!

Love,

Sister Erika Kremer

No comments:

Post a Comment