Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Mission Experience - 15 June 2015

Hello Friends and Family! This is Sister Kremer....you know, the person who said she was going to send group emails every week and hasn't?

Some truly wonderful things have happened and I want to share some of the most recent things with y'all. 

This past week my companion and I planted a flower bed for one of the people we have been teaching. He is 73 years old and wanted to brighten his yard up. It was probably the only time I have ever said I would love to plant flowers, have done so, and have felt overwhelmingly happy about the effort that was put forth. Not only did the flowers look great but Tom was so happy when he saw what all we had done. When we had first started planting he said, 'I'm not quite sure how to go about planting the flowers or where things will look right, but I know you Sisters will know what to do." and later he compared us planting the flowers and cultivating the ground to the lessons we have taught him and how his testimony of Jesus Christ has grown. This truly happened and I'm not making it up in the least.

Something else that is really cool: There is a woman that we meet a few weeks ago and started to teach about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ...we left her with a pamphlet and have been unable to make any contact with her since because she has been ill. We were able to see her this week and she had read the entire thing and asked for another pamphlet.

Because summer is here and it is much warmer outside we have been doing more walking. This past week we were walking in an apartment complex looking for people to talk to and we met a woman who wants to be baptized and took the discussions years ago but had life drama happen and was unable to be baptized. We will be able to start teaching her soon but she is struggling with getting work off. 

This Friday we have a baptism happening for a wonderful young woman. We started teaching her the week I arrived in Ammon and it has been amazing to watch how the Gospel has changed her life. It isn't only helping her but her step sister as well.

This email probably seems really disjointed, but I want to let all of you know that I am so grateful to be a missionary. I am so glad I have the opportunity to share this message of joy, hope, and peace. When I left on my mission I was told that it would be the hardest thing I will ever do and it certainly is. However the lessons I am learning from my trials are worth ever hardship and struggle.

I love each of you.
Sister Kremer

No comments:

Post a Comment