Sunday, July 5, 2015

Mission Experience - 4 July 2015 (Special Edition follow-up from Monday the 29th)

Hola mi familia!

Donde esta?   Yo bien. Feliz quatro de Julio!  (Happy Fourth of July)

Today has been awesome so far! We (my zone) were in the Idaho Falls Fourth of July parade (which was awesome!). The Zone ran around handing out the little chocolate candies (that are kind of rubbery and I think start with the letter "t") out to those along the parade route. I stood on the float smiling and waving because I'm awesome like that ;)

Then we watched 2 movies...Big Hero 6 and Space Jams....that one was a bit of a weird movie.....

And now I am emailing y'all! Because I love each of you and miss each of you!

This has been an alright week. A lot has been going on but I'm hanging on, smiling, and doing the best that I can. I know that missions are not easy and if there is anything I'm learning it's that the phrase "not easy" is an understatement...however I know that Heavenly Father is helping me along and that all of the hard stuff is going to help me out in the end. So I am (reluctantly) grateful for it.

Sad news...our district leader is probably getting sent home early because he has been really sick for months now and they can't figure out what is wrong with him. It is hard to watch a missionary go home early...it's hard on them to see what they might have done and know that they won't accomplish it...it takes a lot of faith in Heavenly Father to leave - to trust that leaving is what is best for you. My heart hurts for him.

I'm sure I say this a lot, but it is weird how much I am loving people. I still don't like being around most people, but those that I meet I just LOVE almost instantly..I overlook their faults or flaws and just see children of God. I remember some missionaries describing this and me thinking "yeah right, you just have to say you love them because you're a missionary" but it's not true! It is so strange though!

I love y'all so much! 
Love Sister Erika Kremer     by the way....my first name is starting to sound really foreign...

No comments:

Post a Comment