Tuesday, July 7, 2015

MissionExperience - 6 July 2015

Dear Mom,

Something that I thought about when I read the last part of your email about the Apostles dying. (What a week this has been. I don't know if you have heard about President Packer but he passed away on Friday at 2 pm at his home. That makes two apostles in two months- another one that has been there my entire life. There are only three left of the original ones from when your dad and I were growing up into our youth days. Elder Nelson is now the senior Apostle according to date sustained as and Apostle and Elder Oaks is after him. These great men have been giving us counsel and instruction from the Lord for so long that they almost seem like family.) . . . . In my personal study this morning I was reading in 3 Nephi chapter 3 about how Gidgiddoni was chosen to be the chiefest among all the chief captains- it was because he had the spirit of revelation and prophesy and was a prophet among the people. Sister Hunt and I discussed this for a while and talked about the last days and how there will be many battles and something we wondered was if at some point our armies will be lead in the same manner. Obviously we don't know this for sure, but it is something that we talked about. Food for thought at any rate.

Have I told you how much I love studying the scriptures?? I really really really love studying them! There is so much to learn...especially when one thinks about the fact that for every word in the Book of Mormon, for every story in the Book of Mormon there were thousands of other possibilities. The things that we read are what God needs us to know and understand. They are things that will bring us closer to Him and allow us to progress in the way that He desires for us to progress.

Something else that is really standing out to me- Every person on Earth accepted the Gospel and Plan of Salvation in the Pre-Earth life.

Something else- we knew our ancestors before we came to Earth. We knew our children. Isn't that cool?

About the parade: Only in Idaho and Utah would people cheer when they saw the missionaries...and you could tell who wasn't a member or was REALLY anti by how they reacted when they saw us. It was REALLY funny! And so cool!!

I finally gave in and asked my companiera Hermana Hunt what the names of the candies were ::drum roll:: Tootsie Rolls!!! Did you figure out what candy I was talking about?

 
You would think that as a missionary I would be one of the first to know that an apostle had passed away, but I didn't know about President Packer till 1 pm yesterday (Sunday). 

I love you and the blanket you made is a hit with everyone who sees it. Actually, Sister Hunt was wondering if you have any fabric left over from the skirts you made...she thinks they are really cute...

I love you and think of you every day.

Love Sister Erika Kremer

No comments:

Post a Comment