Thursday, August 6, 2015

Mission Experience - 3 August 2015



Dear Mom,
I'm so glad you were able to read the Old Testament! It's SO GOOD!  And you did it in 60 days! Whoa!!! The youth are going to benefit greatly from your dedication! I'm so sorry Sister Salmon is moving-I know y'all have been friends for years. Fortunately you still can keep in contact with her. It won't be the same but it will still be good.

Thank you so much for your prayers. I know a lot of people are praying for me and honestly it helps. It comforts me to know that the Lords hears all of their prayers and it overwhelms me to think that they are in my behalf.

Something that I keep learning and re-learning on my mission is that the Lord knows what we are going through. When I was called to be a missionary He understood the things I would go through-BUT he also knows what I need to learn from these trials. He knows what I have learned about sharing the Gospel and who I am, bearing my testimony, teaching, being a woman, communicating. He knows that being a missionary is EXACTLY the trial and learning grounds that I need for whatever my next step in life is. All that I have learned I wouldn't have learned if I had never served.  He also know what I need if I stay. Whatever happens He will continue to guide and direct me if I stay close to Him. Even my patriarchal blessing says that as I stay close to my church leaders it will be as if He is leading me by the hand. I know that the Gospel is true. I know it like I have never before known anything. I truly KNOW that I can do ANYTHING. That I can struggle and overcome and learn. I KNOW that He loves me. That He loves everyone- regardless of who they were/are, regardless of their circumstances in life, regardless of if they are members who aren't active, regardless of if they love Him. He loves and He cares and I want to be like Him. I strive to be like Him. I feel a passion for the Gospel and a love for others that I wouldn't have developed any other way.

This week we taught 17 Less active members/ recent converts. We taught 3 member present and 4 lessons without a member present. And the Love I felt for them wasn't any different. It didn't matter if I was in a nice home or a shabby apartment. If the person we were talking to was interested or uninterested, what their struggles were, who they had been. In each discussion we invited them to come unto Christ- whether it be through prayer, learning from us, or attending their church we invited them to draw closer to the Savior and Redeemer of the world. And yeah we haven't seen a lot of success in our area-we haven't gotten new investigators or retained many of the ones that we had we no longer teach, but it has been good.

I love you so very much,

Sister Erika Kremer

No comments:

Post a Comment